14/01/2015

Pano for the people

The past fews day, actually during Chistmas vacation, I started to think how can I make easier the process of creating little planet panorama pictures. Before my android phone decided to update its software I could directly from the phone generate the little planet from a full spherical panorama, not anymore. That's not a bit problem because using hugin you can in three to four click generate a little planet. This means to perform some remapping from an equirectangular panorama.

To avoid having to open hugin again and knowing that you can script hugin I created python script with some functions to automatize this process.

The code and explanation are beautifully stored and located on my public github account panoToLittlePlanet.

The famous little planet pictures are in this flicker little planet photo album.

Aucun commentaire: